Monday, October 21, 2013

Stranger in a Strange Land

Here I am, ici, (I say ici because I can get the radio in French at some place on the dial at night)...anyway, at this moment, ici in Cedar Rapids am I.

I have been a stranger ever since I left my house in Chula Vista nearly 2 weeks ago.  It's strange. I have never traveled and felt to be in a strange place, just because I wasn't at home. I think now it's different because there is no home; no person at all waiting for me or holding down the fort. I was kind of single in the eighties but I had the kids in and out to tie me to something.

Now I am eager to go home but who will be there to say HI?   The teenaged boy next door who's coming over to feed the cat and water my kale plants.  Perhaps. The cat Himself, perhaps. He'll be offended and not want to be friendly.  Perhaps. He's had about all the abandonment he can take this year.  He nearly went bonkers when Theo went to the hospital and didn't return.  I hope he's glad to see me and forgives me and lets me brush him.  The bite he gave me on my hand before I left is hardly visible. (He couldn't help it.)

Will a different person walk into the house than walked out of it? I won't know until I do.  I have passed time in two houses as different from each other as houses could possibly be. I have related to my sister, her husband, my son, my daughter in law, and my grandchildren. I am ready to take my burden upon myself again, by myself again. I hope. Lots of decisions to be made. Lots of new possibilities on the horizon. 

I am physically a bit weaker than I was when I left home: not good. That's because I have not been doing anything but loll around and watch TV or read, since I came to Cedar Rapids.  There are things out there to do perhaps but I have not done them.  Note to self: next time, rent a car whether you want to or not.  I need to stop writing for a while now so I can walk around in a circle through the LR, front hall, DR, and kitchen and back here again.  So will sign off.  Someone will sign on and write this blog after I get home.  Exciting to see who will do that!  I'll let you know. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment