Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies

Today I made chocolate chip cookies from almond flour.  The other ingredients were oil ( I used almond), chocolate chips, agave syrup, vanilla, a nip of baking soda, and a tiny nip of salt. That's all.
A very vegan dish.

They are quite tasty, and their only fault is delicacy. The second panful came out stronger because I added another 1/2 cup of almond flour to the mix. They came out of the pan better but were less sweet. It was okay , though, because most cookies nowadays are too sweet anyway.

These cookies are gluten free, wheat free, animal product free, and altogether pristine and innocent. They bake up nicely and look good.  Would I just as soon have them as regular wheaten cookies with eggs, etc, in the mix? Yes!  I am going to send some to my son and grandkids and they'll probably arrive in the form of crumbs. I'll see what I can do to protect them, but--

At church now, we are offered gluten free communion wafers at a separate little station from the glutinous throng. I always go to the gluten free station on the principle that it's there, take advantage of it. The gluten free wafers taste terrible, not that the others are any better.  But we are not supposed to be thinking of taste, at the Holy Table. Are we?       YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment