Thursday, July 10, 2014

Drinking Smoothies

Hello--

For the last few days I've been drinking smoothies. I do not care for the texture, generally, but if there are frozen elements in there, the frozen-ness makes them more acceptable, I find.

My first recipe included a nectarine, some frozen wild blueberries, some chard leaves, some kale leaves, some parsley, and some mint...all those leaves are from pots in my yard. And a little orange juice as liquifier.It was the best and the most beautiful, being a dark wine-color and very delicious!!

Next I made one with tomatoes, onion, cilatro, all the leaves mentioned above, and orange juice. It was a nice beige color and also was very delicious. I had a bunch left over and ate it again yesterday, though I supposed most of the vitamins fly out the window if it's in the refrigerator overnight.

Today I made Waldorf Salad smoothie, using apples (no peel as I dont think these are organic apples), celery including leaves, pecans, plus all the leaves above. It is pale green and beautiful but tastes a little boring I guess because apples are not the most flavorful fruit in the world. I used coconut water as the liquifier...ok but not flavorful. But I',m drinkin' it down.

The good thing is that, after you drink/eat one of these, you are not hungry until lunch time. It deeply satisfies more than just your taste buds. Your body is grateful not to have to do all the work of chewing, and it got to have all those greens plus apples and nuts and berries. And believe me, it can tell the difference!!! YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment