Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day, Mama

Happy Mother's Day, Mama!

I was thinking of you today at church, wondering what kind of Heaven you'd ended up in, and I realized I already knew.

In one of our Father's many mansions, lives my mother.  She has lots of people around her, the ones she cared about.  She lives in an immaculate residence, simple, but with touches of luxury about her.  Her bath is large and warm, her bathtub is a very large pearl, and there are glints of gold in the decoration.

When she cares to eat, she has the best of food, with plenty of cream and butter and salt and pepper.  She has a dark chocolate every now and then.  She hears hints of Latin and French, which she learned at (an American public) high school in Temple, Texas, and of which she taught me a little, getting me started when I was a little child.  "Il etait une berger-uh," she would sing, and still does.

When she wants for company, she has her child cousins about, and she discovers she's a child again herself and plays with them contentedly. Sometimes she thinks of a friend from her adult years, and shares time with that person too.  One wonders if she thinks of my father, though I think he lives in another mansion, one suited just for his unique self.

My mother is not inclined to travel, so she is happy in her beautiful house.  She has a few books and reads them seldom.  Since her eyes have improved remarkably, she enjoys her crossword puzzles.  A little walk around the grounds is permissible, and she walks there admiring the gardens.  She especially likes the carnations, I think, and their spicy smell.  So do I, Mama.

A happy Mother's Day to you and to all of us, Mama!   YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment