Monday, May 12, 2014

Something I Forgot about Tortilla Soup

 I forgot to say that chicken tortilla soup should be made from simmered whole chickens, or at least big chunks of chickens with bones, and the meat falls off the bones and is shredded into the soup.

Chicken tortilla soup made of boiled chicken breasts that are cubed into the soup is just plain not as good. The shredded texture goes so well with the bits of drowned tortilla and vegetables and cheese (not too much) and the broth should have a rich quality of tortilla and Mexican spices within the rich chicken caldo.

That's all I had to say.  Cut up cilantro and plenty of garlic and onion and tomato are good with me, and I love a hint of comino in everything.  Some zucchini is not amiss but no fillers like potato or rice or frijoles, por favor.  That's all.  Shredded, not cubed, chicken meat and I like some dark meat. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment