Monday, December 8, 2014

Early December Rumbles

Hello!

I have been frantically searching on the computer for a poem I wrote.  Searching in real life also, for the concrete version. (Sounds heavy, doesn't it?)

The trouble with looking on the computer is that you are staring at an amorphous gray mass and sticking it with a pin, fruitlessly.

The earth poem should be easier to find, but even thought I KNOW (maybe) that it's in a white ring-binder with big brown and green stripes on the outside, I can't find that either. Ah well. Shall keep looking.

Lots of things to do in December. I have my bills to pay, Christmas presents to worry about (strange and bad that that should be a WORRY), dr's appts to keep, donuts to avoid,...but no singing lessons or singing to do.  I cancelled the lessons till the New Year.  A little voice in my head says, maybe for ever. Whatever kept me singing daily for10 months seems to have taken off, leaving me voiceless and unmusical. Ah well, we'll see as time goes on.

My eating regimen of Whole30  is now on Day Eight.  I looked at the array of goodies and doughnuts at church yesterday with deep indifference. Can you imagine what a step that is? From Craving Insanity on Day 4, to Deep Indifference on Day 7. Incredible. It means that I am getting to the point where I will no longer look at sugary things as Food.  

I was there once before, on the Atkins in the 1970's. I could look at a three-layer cake frosted with a curly ocean of fluffy white peaks with perfect detachment.  I went on the Atkins in October, and by early spring I had the most gorgeous knees ever. All the puffy "dirty-water" had exited my tissues and I was a lean mean good-looking gal. I was about fifty then. Who knows what it'll mean when I am eighty-five as I now am.  Dried up? Shriveled? I'll still welcome those knees. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment