Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Old Year Out

This is the last day of the Old Year, 2014. Seems as if it was just a few days since it was the New Year. It was my first full year alone without Theodore. And it still seems strange to be alone. I don't know why I haven't adjusted better.

I spend the morning changing some things around in the kitchen. Then, at 11 I dashed off to the movies because I wanted to see Into the Woods, and figured if I went then, it would still be light when I got out...otherwise I'd have to wait till 3 and it would indeed have been dark when I came out.

After I got to the theater I found that I'd mistaken the time; the movie started at 1:40, not 1:10...how boring. Nothing to do so I bought some popcorn and an Icee of cola flavor.  Boring. Did not finish either.  There were about NINE previews preceding the movie when the film finally started. Boring, boring boring.

But I liked the movie, full of flaws though it was.  It is also full of truth about life and people...so it brought me to tears from time to time. 

I bought a torta de res at the little Kotija  on the way home, and thought that I'd begin the Whole 30 (with modifications) tomorrow, January 1st.  But I ended up eating only the meat and the lettuce as it was...the bread is sitting there, nice roll though it was.

So for tonight, the I Ching, which I do every New Year's Eve or the next day....and lots of thinking about the time past and my new resolutions, of which the modified Whole 30 will be just one.  Welcome, 2015!!! YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment