Thursday, March 1, 2012

Mystery-Yum

Hello. 

Well, we cleaned out the freezer and there was a frosty misty icy looking package of something that was either meatballs or small cupcakes.

It turned out to be chocolate cupcakes, all covered with flakes of frost and very unappealing-looking. But, when thawed, they returned to their prior incarnation of very chocolate cupcakes of excellent texture and rich chocolate flavor.

I frosted them up with peanut butter frosting and am eating a couple as we speak. (They are really small ones.)  Trouble is, I don't know what recipe I used to make them. Any recipe that can survive the haphazard conditions inside my kitchen freezer deserves to be kept.  I had not made chocolate cake for so long before this past year--so it could be my F. Farmer recipe. Or, it might be the Martha Stewart recipe that is specifically for cupcakes that I found this year in a magazine.  Since I suspect that since the cupcakes were not in my freezer for any great length of time (unless you consider six months great), I think they were Martha's.  WOW.  Good cake. Dark, rich, sweet, tender. I am now going to have to find that magazine if I didn't get too neat and throw it out, and try the recipe again to make sure it's the one.  Very Very Good.  I'll give a report.

Today the MOW was pieces of chicken breast with BBQ sauce, plus a melange of cauliflower and  broccoli, plus spinach.  I took half of the spinach but gave all the rest of the tray to Theodore, and I ate a salad leftover from some other MOW offering plus some chicken pieces of my own.  And a delicious cupcake to boot....! YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment