Sunday, January 13, 2013

Slow Sunday

This is a Slow Sunday! 

We had a quiet trip out at lunchtime, down to the water to look at the birds as we ate our sandwiches.  A bright, quiet day. I got out the camera to take, did not take it, and was rewarded with the sight of many brown pelicans down at the Sweetwater River Estuary.  They were right there in the clatch of ducks, coots, gulls and other shorebirds who always gather there and make a trip worth the effort.  The tide was out, and there was a broad swathe of mostly muddy islands in very shallow water which was moving in and out. It was a delight to see the pelicans, because they are rarer than the others who frequent the spot.

So, no pictures of pelicans!  What else is there to say? We sat happily in the car in the bright cold noontime, eating the Neff Family Lunch and talking about the birds.  What's the Neff Family Lunch? I can hear my readers clamoring.  Well, it's white bread and (mostly) cheese, sandwiches. Only now I cannot eat much cheese because of the fat content, and am eating fat free thin sliced ham or turkey instead.  Even with diet mayo, there's hardly any fat in such a sandwich.  We also had soda pops, apples, and some fat-free ladyfingers for dessert.  If you eat that lunch you've ostensibly saved ten dollars which is the minimum for eating at the Jack in the Box or other purveyor of low class foods.

This week we got the news that the new neurologist, a beautiful, witty and funny young lady whom I liked very much, thinks that Theodore DOES have Parkinson's.  Groan.  We kept thinking that if we stayed in denial, it wouldn't be true. She is going to put the quietus on his driving rights, so guess who gets to take up the slack. Oh well, thank goodness I can still drive.

That being said, I'll just recount my dream of last night, really this morning early.  Early morning dreams say Dante and I, and the most likely dreams to be predictive, so here's this one. 

We, Theo and I were in "San Francisco" (as in real life we are thinking of moving to the East Bay.)  We saw our friends Niki and Jeffrey, and had a pleasant chat with them in their flat. It was a huge place, not like any place I have been with them..then the scene changed, and I was looking for a place to live up there.

Then ensued in the dream a series of goings up and down the streets, viewings and even movings in and out of various apartments we might live in up there. The trouble is, there was never a single part of it all that was familiar or remembered. Just a lot of nice and un-nice places. Some of them seemed to share a lot of space with other people so could have been considered to represent the old folks' residences we're so anxious to avoid.

And there was a trick to "getting there" , to any place I wanted to go (I was doing this searching by myself mostly), that is: there was a pattern or route I had to trace, and if I made a mistake I would get off the track and lose my place, as if going from one place to another were some sort of game plan.
And SF itself was like a toy town, the city itself seemed only to encompass one or two main streets with high buildings, and to get to places I wanted to see I had to go away from that part and go on lonely unfamiliar streets. Odd.

The striking part was that, at one point, Theodore came hurrying in to inform us (someone else was there like maybe Gregory) that something had happened out there in the world and as a result, the value of GOLD and SILVER had skyrocketed overnight.  "I TOLD you to buy as much of it as you could!", I was yelling at Theodore.  Due to the hugeness of the calamity or whatever historical incident that had taken place, I knew the price would never go down again.  The feeling that I had in this part of the dream was absolutely sure, like it had really happened; the time was March or April of this year.  Keep an eye on it, folks. I don't like to make predictions, but have been know to be right......YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment