Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's Day 2013

Good day.

Twice have I tried to complete a posting for this day, and twice have been cut off, losing what I'd written.

I am superstitious.

So I'll not give prophecies, nor prognostications, nor the I Ching results I got, nor summaries of the year, nor yet resolutions.  Well, perhaps I'll try resolutions, as they are not as fraught with portents and changes (except as we don't do them!).

I have made two good resolutions so far, both needed and good. 

One: I'll eat a green salad of raw stuff every day at lunch.  I almost broke that when I made a sandwich to take down to the water, but I stuffed in a lot of varied leaves from a salad bag so that will do.

Two:  I am going to go through all my writings and get them in order. I give myself Jan. and Feb. to get the basics of this done.  And I'm going to go to a person who does skillful word processing and get it written up properly.  After that I have more ideas but they aren't resolutions yet.

New Year's Day is a time for observances, too. We went to the water, as Greg always like to do on New Year's Day.  We discovered how much we've missed going down there as we used to do when we had Birdy and Listy.  The little ducks are out just the same, and the bigger shore and sea birds...it is a scene to behold. We ate our humble sandwiches (ham for him, turkey meatloaf for me) and observed the beautiful sky, and the beautiful water and those great birds.

I wish everyone who reads this a very happy new year of 2013!!!  YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment