Saturday, March 2, 2013

It's Saturday

It's Saturday! It once was
Working woman's day to be a woman,
Doing the shopping for groceries,
Hauling the kids,
Getting things done
So she can get home and do some more.

Even an old lady retired
Remembers Saturday.
Sometimes she remembers
That it took two years before she realized
That stores are open on other days.

Old ladies are busy
Even when getting their hair washed.
Their old husbands sit
And wait for them....

"Esta leyendo" I ask the hairdresser.
"No," says he who can see out over the room.
(He seats me that way.)
"Que hace?" I ask.  "Esta pensando,"
Says the hairdresser.

Pensando en que? I wonder.
Pensando los pensamientos
De viejitos, es lo que piensa,
The hairdresser and I think together.

We smile, and I pay,
And go out and take my old thinker
By the arm, and we come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment