Sunday, September 1, 2013

Brushing the Cat

I have found a new and rewarding occupation.
 Brushing the cat.

When I was going through my husband's stuff, I found a hairbrush that I'd never seen him use. It's kind of a rosewood color with black stripes, and it looks like natural bristle.  I'd have used it but that natural bristle does little to curb my unruly mane, but I took it outside and brushed the cat with it. To his surprise!!

But Freckles decided that he likes it.  It's funny that the brush is kind of like a huge mother-cat tongue, and I  employ it on him just as his long lost mother must have,  holding him in place to get to every nook and cranny that I can, and sweeping long and deep in the easy places.  Freckles placidly accepts it all, turning the other cheek and lifting his head and inclining his ears and all.  He loves it, in fact, and it's become an interesting and pleasant part of the early morning for both of us.

If you are a widow or widower or are perturbed about anything at all, I recommend brushing your cat for a little while, in the morning.  It's a good thing.             YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment