Saturday, August 2, 2014

A Day of Perfect Eating

Sometimes you can't cook anything wrong.

It usually comes from having a bunch of stuff about that you haven't been dealing with, and you've got the energy to work with it at last.  And you don't have the urge to go out and buy a lot of other stuff.

This morning I had a delicious tiny omelette of one egg with bacon bits rolled into it. I scrambled the egg in a bowl and added it to a coconut-oil-sprayed tiny skillet where it spread out to just the right depth, cooked, had the Hormel 'real bacon bits' shaken over it, rolled, and turned out and eaten. Very satisfying!!

Then at lunch I came into the house a bit late, but there was time to boil up some pieces of a raw cauliflower and 2 green onions....then to puree them in the blender, put one egg and 1/8 cup half and half into the saucepan, add puree, stir, and heat. I added a good dash of fines herbes...Yum yum and plenty left over for tomorrow.

I was hungry in three hours, so made a smallish sandwich of Boar's Head Low Sodium Roast Beef, mayo, and shredded iceberg lettuce..Very good.

Then I had boiled a sittin'-around potato this morning as I ate the omelette, so I made a super scrumptious potato salad . If I get hungry for a supper, I'll have  some of that. There is nothing better than potato salad if the proportions are right...so here is how I made it though the proportions will have to be your own.

One large Idaho baking potato, cut in two and boiled.  Peel it. Cut it into cubes in a bowl. Not too much mayonnaise.  One sweet pickle minced.  Some yellow mustard including the liquid that always comes out when you squeeze the bottle. Salt. Pepper. Minced white onion.  Boiled egg yolk that I had there wrapped in plastic for a couple of days. Yes, you can boil just the yolks of eggs if you have had to use the whites for something else. So there it is...oh yes...I like celery but not too crazy about it...but it adds crunch to potato salad so I like it in that...and I added dried parsley because it is raining and I didnt want to get any wetter by going out to pick some...I'd already gotten soaked by the hose when I watered earlier...who knew it was going to rain ever again??

And...I ate a brownie, the last frozen brownie of the recipe I made last week...thank goodness those are out of the way.  They were so absolutely wonderful that they reminded me of why I do not make them...but it was nice to taste them again. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment