Friday, August 29, 2014

Walking in Water

Good afternoon. Have I written about this before?

I need to move my body, and I need to make it move in order to move it, because it is inclined to just loll around if it does what it likes.

I started walking in water again. I love water, and it is much better to walk in than just old air...though I used to love that too.  I did not want to drive far, and finally I settled on going back to Paradise Village in spite of the fact that it's fifteen minutes going and fifteen minutes coming home in order to spend fifteen minutes in the water.

Yes, fifteen minutes! I am so weak after this quiet year...so move I must. I am worn out when I come out of the water, because water-walking is deceptive in that it feels easy while you are in there but you are working your muscles harder than you realize.  So I have to ration myself to fifteen minutes.

I joined the evening arthritis exercises and they are actually forty five minutes, and I come home and go right to bed for I can do no more. But when I go alone, I just walk for fifteen or twenty minutes which I'd advise for any beginner whether you think it's enough or not.

Pretty soon it's going to be too dark to go to the classes as I don't drive at night much....and I'll return to fifteen minutes three times a week until I build up some strength.

Paradise Village is the senior residence next to Paradise Valley Hospital, and the pool is in there. Inside. Huge, huge. Shallow. Warm (ish). Protected from the wind...beautiful...with a lovely painted mural and windows looking into the salon of the residence.  All so beautiful.  And often so deserted.

I am telling anyone who lives within driving distance of that pool that they should get themselves over there and join up. You don't have to be a resident of the hall...you pay a reasonable fee as a member of the Fitness Club. It is wonderful. I am looking forward to getting stronger! YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment