Saturday, December 17, 2011

Biscuits!

Good morning!

Breakfast is extra good today because I made biscuits.

I didn't use my mama's recipe today because I purchased some "self rising" flour not too long ago and thought I might well use it all up as soon as I can. It is very handy to have self rising flour (which is flour, baking powder, and salt) but also it is a bit confusing if you are trying to follow a regular recipe. So I got this one off the web.

2 cups self rising flour
1/4 cup shortening (I used butter)
1 cup milk

What could be simpler than that? Using Gold Medal Flour, I just whomped those biscuits together this morning in the dark and cold. And they baked into nine delicious biscuits, plus another panful of the extra dough which are baking right now. I don't roll twice, as a rule, so the second batch is twisty and turny, and often doused with sugar and cinnamon before baking. Better yet.

I decked my Wt Watcher's one allowed biscuit with 'I can't believe it 's not butter' spray (which is not bad at all) and with Smucker's Red Plum Jam.  My mama would have approved of the red plum jam, and she would have approved of the biscuits too. They are really delicious. So much so that I have already fallen off the Wt Watcher's with Day One, Meal One, and am having another biscuit. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment