Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sadly Behindtimes

Dear Everyone,

Yes, I am being reminded that I'm not writing. It is just that I have been so busy in other places.  All is well.  I shall try to write more later, but just want the people who do look for me on this blog to know that I am just procrastinating. My mother's word. "Linda, you are a procrastinator." Am I? Guess so.  Always looking for a better time to settle down to the task at hand. Sometimes, NOW is the only time, ideal or not!

To church today, where I sat in a slightly different place and saw things from a different perspective.  Slightly.  It's the Second Sunday in Advent, and the readings are grim and gloomy.  During Advent, we are permitted to think that things may not be coming out all right.  Once the Christ Child is born, we are on our path, and not permitted to think that way, no matter how bad things get (Good Friday.)  The whole message of the church is, it's going to be OK.  Just like your mother always told you when you were afraid in a storm, or in the dark.  Believe, praise God, and be grateful for His grace in giving us this incredible world.

My Christmas missives are almost ready to be mailed, and the house is getting a little bit decorated.  Theo has already completed his share of the Christmas letters, and we should have them all out early this week.  We  bought 2 huge poinsettias at Trader Joe's today...one is a bright striated rose-color, and the other is an unbelieveable red and white streaked thing.  I love them both, and they are both out on our new brown-tiled front stoop in a big flower pot at this moment. If I knew what I was doing on this new laptop, there would be a picture of them on this page. But no.  Not worth losing the whole thing and getting even more atrasada. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment