Monday, December 31, 2012

Summations, Prognostications, Summaries, and Resolutions


Good afternoon!

I have been thinking of changing my blog.  I'd thought to go back to "The Grasshopper News," which I used to write on my word-processor days, duplicate, and send to my sisters via snail mail.

I thought to change over on January 1, 2013, but I can see by the clock that I am not ready to do it--considering how much maundering and blundering I'd have to do in order to accomplish the change.

Re: the subject of this posting.  I can wait till tomorrow to do that.  Perhaps I should have put, "Procrastinations" into the subject line as well.

As to big prognostications, I predict that California will have an earthquake of considerable size this year.  It will most likely be in Southern California, since it's more our turn.

Perhaps our earthquake, Theo's and mine, will occur as part of a natural happening just on our very small scale. I no longer buy green bananas, as the wits say;  logically, I do expect change will be part of our lives this year.

The social worker who came to see us thinks that we should go into a Home, one of those with cycles of care where you start out at the second floor, and gradually progress where you're at the basement where it's a short roll to the driveway door.  We have talked about it and we don't want to do that. I am much too fond of eating my own cooking and choosing my own food, and staggering through my own piles of papers and books on the floor, and looking at the right place in the bookshelf and seeing an old friend there. Taterton is the same way; he is much too much of a curmudgeon to be attracted to a "Vegas Night" party at one Home who is trying to get clients in with that enticement. 

I'd always thought to end my days in Brownsville, Texas, in a little Mexican house with or without paint on its exterior walls. Eating shrimp and drinking margaritas, as a brother in law once suggested for an ideal Brownsville menu. But we got too soon old and too late prepared, so that kind of move is not likely to happen.  We don't know what will happen.

So, on the larger scale or the smaller, we anticipate change, and that reminds me: where's my I Ching? It's time. It's New Year's Eve!  YAZZYBEL  

No comments:

Post a Comment