Sunday, March 23, 2014

Sunday Thoughts

Good morning. Well, if you read my Facebook entry of today, you know I went to church. I was a little late and missed most of the first Reading. I guess I was late because I was writing on Facebook.

The Forum, long called the Borum by my kids, (not meant for them)..was very good. It was about prayer and kind of tied in with what I wrote on FB.

After church, I came south and went to Von's, where I purchased lots of paper products, soap, etc., and a little food.  Came home and made Huevos Revueltos a la Mexicana. I used cubed up yellow pepper, green pepper, green onions and the family jalapeno. I call it that because it is huge and I can keep it in the vegetable bin and cut it up for my modest jalepeno demands. No tomatoes in my Huevos a la Mexicana, thank you.  I also, in loyalty to my adopted state of California, laid a slice of cheddar cheese over the top when done. It melted nicely down and I ate it with a gas-toasted tortilla. Yum YUm YUM.

Then I noticed in the paper that my favorite SF movie, Galaxy Quest was on and I'd missed almost all of it, so I turned it on and cried over my huevos a la Mexicana as I watched the ending of it. Why do I cry over a silly movie? Because it comes out perfectly, that's why; I mostly cry I think because of the unappreciated teenaged boy, a fan who gets his vindication in the success of a zany space journey. It's all there, folks: good and evil and laughs and chills, and very good actors playing very bad ones. Needless to repeat, I just love it.

The wind is stiff and chill again today; that is what spoils many days in my back yard here...well, we had some really balmy ones and perhaps we'll have them again...I'll be waiting. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment