Thursday, February 2, 2012

Oh, How I Love Parsley!!

Yes, I do love parsley.  Flat, curly, Italian, or good old USA, I love parsley.

I can remember when I was about four years old, watching our rabbit (probably a leftover Easter Bunny) eat his parsley.  He ate it so daintily, yet so voraciously, nibbling and savoring every bite.  I remember trying to mimic his technique, eating and wrinkling his little nose. I could not do it...but I loved the parsley anyway.

When we ate out, for years, there was parsley on every plate as garnish. I have always eaten my parsley, and that of any other diner who'd give me theirs.  I do love it, and it is FREE.  Ditto the orange slice, but that's another posting.

Nowadays, our thrifty restaurants put Kale on the plate in place of parsley.  They try to pretend that it's because of nutrition, but I know it is cost.  Nevertheless, I also eat the bits of frilly Kale. (It's free too.)

The only thing really bad about the MOW is that there is no fresh leaf of kale, nor spinach, nor chard, nor even lowly collard, as yet.  Too bad. There is so much you can do with them, those leaves. Cut them up into small shards, and put them into almost any stir-up dish.  You can just taste the goodness.  I mean the nutritional value.

I am feeling more myself today. Had you noticed? It just goes to show that a kind, cheerful doctor can do a lot to cheer up a lonely old lady. He even got me to try the Lipitor.  And it's free. We have to pay for the doctor, but the kindliness and cheerfulness are like the parsley on the plate! YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment