Monday, February 6, 2012

Raise High The Roofbeam, Carpenters!


'Cause I've got the shingles!!

I am sorry I have them but am glad I am (I believe) correctly diagnosed at last.

I have to take acyclovir.

I will be glad to take medicine if it will take away the vexing dizziness and vertigo I've been experiencing for the last few weeks.

I also have to take nose spray and so forth, but I do believe the doctor hit on the right thing. He had his medical student in there asking me a million questions before he came in, and I blabbed away. The med student asked, "Is there any other ailment or complaint or condition you have?"  "No...," I said doubtfully, though I couldn't think of anything.

Dr Rickwa came in and looked at an itchy rash on the back of my neck, and asked me a few questions, and I asked him if it could be ringworm (always ready to blame the cat.)  And he said, "No, if you'd ever had shingles I'd say it was shingles." AND BINGO, and SHAZAM, the light came on and I knew that is what it is. Exhaustion, dizziness, miserableness, neckache...that is what I had before when I had shingles...So now I will take the medicine and lie about as much as possible for the rest of the week. Hurray. Glad I changed the sheets yesterday evening; it makes lying around so much more comfortable. And, by the bye, thanks a lot, JD Salinger, for a catchy title. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment