Sunday, April 1, 2012

Happy Birthday, Frank!

I know I said I wouldn't do it this year, but--it is April Fool's after all. So, Happy Birthday, Frank Parker--guess it's your 83rd.  Wonder how I knew that? So, April Fool's,--and forgive me.

Yesterday I talked on the phone with Gwen L. there in Denver, CO, also a long ago Brownsville-ite whom I hadn't spoken with in ages. We had a wonderful laughing chat of remembrance.  One of the best things about being old is that your friends are in the same boat and you find that you STILL have a lot in common, just like the olden days.

This morning going to church I decided to emulate the fashion magazines and see how many different patterns I could put together successfully.  I wore tan pants, brown tee, desert-sunset horizonally striped vest, Ralph Lauren plaid blazer of dark olive, dark blue, and wine, and to top it all off a silk scarf with black and white leopardish design and those gold medallions etc. that were fashionable not so very long ago. Piled it on together. Think I 'll take a photo to see how it all came out. Oh , and on my dainty feet were gray socks and Mexican looking sandals like huaraches of the lowest order.

Today is Palm Sunday and church was different but the same as always, just like always. We all had a piece of palm leaf to hold up at the appropriate moment. Thank goodness I was aware enough to leave mine at the door when I left rather than bring it home and see it wither away for fear of throwing out.  They supposedly collect these leaves and burn them for next years Ash Wednesday ashes, so perhaps I'll see my leaf again.  Transformed.

On the way home I bought a raisin pinwheel doughnut from Sunny Doughnuts, the best doughnut shop around. And I stopped at the Goodwill to look for the random VHS tape, getting harder and harder to find. There at the Goodwill were racks and racks of new clothes. NEW clothes, I tell you--from Coldwater Creek, Chicos, and upscale dept. stores..I got a suit and a dress and nobody will know. Since nobody reads my blog.:( except for a faithful few whom I appreciate for sharing my life.) YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment