Saturday, April 21, 2012

Two Years Ago Today

It's now two years since BP messed up the Gulf Coast. 

Although the coasts of Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama received the most of the publicity, the Texas Gulf Coast is huge and long, and the sea life there is bound to have been affected as well.

I well remember the wonderful seafood meals I've had from that Gulf:  small, intensely flavorful oysters, huge pink shrimp, wonderful red snapper, pompano--crabs!! too many to recount.

Thank goodness, my mama was not timid. She took on each creature  and turned out delicious meals. But, remember, the seafood itself was wonderful. Raised in warm, living brine--it was healthy and pure when we got it. Now, who knows what's in it and what's happening to it? It makes me sad.

I cried when I heard of the BP spill. We should all remember it every year. Don't believe all they tell you on those TV commercials.  It's criminal, and we are all guilty because it's our society and our economy and we choose to be irresponsible all the same. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment