Monday, April 30, 2012

Catchin' Up

Good mornin'...and it is morning.

Yesterday was St George's Day and all us dragon hunters were very busy. I trust that a significant number of dragons were slain in the name of our Lord yesterday.  I hunted but did not find nor slay one.  However, it is every day's business after all, so shall continueon.

I did not attend the ceremony at St Paul's.  Have been going for many years and have missed many. The ones in the eighties (and before) were very impressive services.  A huge contingency of British folk from as far away as the consulate at Los Angeles came en masse and attended, dressed to the gills.  I was impressed every time.

Most impressive of course were the pipers in their kilts and full costume.  I remember how let down I felt that they did not pipe away through the full service but only led in and out at the processional and recessional sequences.  They were and are still wonderful--a strange and moving music.


There are  the split baby croissants from which I made my ham, butter, honey-mustard, and lettuce sandwiches.  I was frustrated by n ot having a kitchen and was sorry I'd said I'd do my share. (What was I thinking of?) Those sandwiches were made outside and I was so frustrated by the process that I only made half my (self imposed) quota or less.  After I finished we dashed up to St P's and I ran up  and left them in the kitchen and adios.

Speaking of kitchens, our kitchen proceeds apace. There is Carlos, working this morning. He's proceeded to putting on the handles of the cabinets.
Kitchen looks kind of ordinary, doesn't it? It will look a little less so when it's finished, I hope.

I conclude with the best part of the transformation so far: the location of my coffee station on the back patio. It makes my early mornings so nice.YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment