Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Lazy Coral Tree



 

Good afternoon.

That is the one blossom squeezed out by my large, professionally pruned coral tree.  For years, it has managed to put out one flower about the time the leaves came out.

Coral trees are bare in winter, and before their leaves come out in spring. they are supposed to be covered with a glorious garment of red flowers.  My tree would not do that.  For years, it was kept in a pot and dutifully filled its job as a small tree in a pot in my front yard in Misson Hills. Then it did the same down here until finally I decided to put it out in the front yard, upon which it obligingly grew huge.  I assumed that when it had done that it would cheerfully bloom for me.  The most it ever put out was one flower lost in the early leaves in early spring.  I thought this year, being pruned and rejuvenated, it would bloom like everything. It didn't.

Next year, starting in January, I'll fertilize every week without fail. Surely then it will show us everything it's got. I hope. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment