Monday, May 14, 2012

Another Country Heard From

Good morning!

This morning, one of my sisters responded to my blog about our mother, and I asked her if she'd mind my publishing her remarks.  She gave me permission, and gave me permission to use her name. She's no.2 and her name is Olive.

When someone would add a remark to an ongoing argument, my mama always said, "So!  Another country heard from!" So here's what Olive had to say today.


Yes Yaz--our mother was something else.  I thank God for her selflessness.  It was needed to raise "five ungrateful girls" -- all of whom had something of the prima donna in them.  Haul to piano lessons.  Haul to dancing lessons.  Haul everywhere.  Settle endless arguments.  Wear the same dress so we could have new.  And how admirable of her to tackle WW II with such aplomb.  Armed with not only a mammoth grocery list, off to Pace's with those vile stamps to decide what to buy with them--round steak or ground beef.  She opted for round steak and pounded them with a real hammer because her mother had done it.  She had moxie too:  Before ending the shopping, she always asked Jimmy Pace if he had put any goodies aside for her.  He always had done so, because she paid her bill on time and "with all those kids, she needs this laundry soap or sack of sugar."  
    Rest in peace, Mama
Thank you, Olive!  It give another facet of the big globe of love we all feel for both our parents.  Wonderful to have another sister chime in and be heard from.  YAZZYBEL 

No comments:

Post a Comment