Sunday, May 6, 2012

Whew !

 Whew!  

Suddenly realized yesterday or so that the kitchen is not finished. It cannot be finished, because the wall behind and around the cookstove is finished in plaster and paint. Sorry, that's not acceptable. So--we are going to have to find and install a different finishing material, stronger than paint and more easily cleanable.

My thoughts run to tile because I can do it myself. It is fairly cheap and easy to do. Plus, it's lots of fun.

The only definite decision so far is that the base or background of the tile will be black, to continue running up from the backsplash of black Corian....then I can play....yes, I can play.

I have some ideas, but nothing has been decided or bought...Don't worry...something will be done. Theo wants to put it in the hands of Tomas but then it will be done professionally and be costly.  PLUS this is my only chance to really make this my project....so I am reluctant to let go.  It all depends on the availability of materials.

I did not go to church today for which I beg God's pardon. Theo would not go with me and eat breakfast afterward, and I was afraid that he would be frying bacon and spotting grease all over the still-pristine plaster and paint. They must be covered at once!!! YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment