Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Kitchen is Getting Finished

Good morning.

Waiting for Tomas and Carlos. This morning they have to physically remove  two installed cabinets and move them to the right about one fourth inch. That's to better accomodate the refrigerator...which they did squeeze in but now realize that we'd never be able to move it out, as to clean underneath it, etc.

I hate to tell them that we'd not ever be able to move it out under any circumstances no matter what.  But let them do what  they will, say I. They have had their way on everything else. I do not really care. (Can that really be me?)

Today there were no eggs in our mini-refrigerator so we had peanut butter and bacon lonches for breakfast.  A lonche is a sandwich en espanyol.  I had to put that Y in there because for some reason my ALT codes are not working.  I think it is funny that somewhere some Mexican saw an American eating his lunch (which was of course a sandwich, most lunches being without imagination) and so sandwich became lonche.

Just so this posting won't be entirely negative, here's a white cactus flower in the garden today. You know how I love white flowers, and cactus flowers are the purest:


This give me another chance for my tirade on bacon, which as cooked carefully by me this morning was thick (I told Theo not to buy the thick any more) , greasy, and when well done, leathery not crisp. Bacon as we knew it twenty years ago is no more. What have they done to the hogs? Whatever it is, I know they have shot water into the sides of bacon to increase their volume...but there is still plenty of grease to fill up the skillet when cooking. Ech...I do not like it, any of it.

Patricia is not coming today and I don't like that either.  The telly is roaring away in the living room and will stay that way when she don't come. There's a lot more changes than just a kitchen that need to go on around here. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment