Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Return of Tomas and other factors

Good noonday.

News this morning was an email from the Dean of our Cathedral that he is taking off for a new job in San Francisco.  What a shock.  Although I have felt that there was something in the wind for a time. I am not among the cognocenti of the church by any means and wouldn't have any way to know the facts. I called a couple of friends and they had heard nothing. It is very sad for St Paul's, because Dean R. has brought a great loving spirit into our congregation.

However, I do think that when people want to move on it's best they do so.  Concentrating on the positive, we'll have an Interim Dean for a while and the goings-on surrounding that choice will be interesting.  Change is hard but it is also sometimes fun. Diverting, that's the word.  We shall be diverted for a while.  And we'll be further diverted by the choice of a new permanent Dean.  Wild.  Just when we thought there was nothing to shake us.  Didn't we?

Tomas is here with an assistant, Osito, and they are putting in undercounter lighting that was supposed to be put in before but came in wrong or something.  Our kitchen will be lighted up like Times Square when it's over.  We will have more light than we need in that tiny space.

If Tomas isnt done by two I must kick him out so that Taterton and I can go for a visit to his diabetes techie.  She will, I hope, be gratified by the results of his urine and blood tests done yesterday.  If not, then we shall know what my skills at doctorin' actually are, as opposed to my autoimagen.

In further news from the front, Theo-Taterton was gratified by many cards and calls on his birthday. I took pictures and thought he looked awful. He looks much healthier than that in the flesh, thank goodness.  His cake was from scratch, chocolate cake with chocolate butter cream icing and a filling of apricot jam. Yummo.  He is now 78 years old, an age which I don't think he expected to attain.

No comments:

Post a Comment