Sunday, June 2, 2013

Sunday

Sunday, and no ride to look around in my beautiful city.  That's because I planned to go over to Anderson's Nursery and squander some bucks...but a friend reminded me that today's the Rock and Roll Marathon and everything west of the church is swamped with running humanity.

So, I came back to CV with my tail between my legs, and went to the Goodwill where I squandered some money on a blue oxford-cloth shirt to cover my swimsuit when I go water walking, and a couple of VHS--yes I still play that archaic form of entertainment--and a brass standing lamp for when I am trying to read in bed. Its light will supplement the weak light from the bedside lamp.

It was incredibly dark and cold this morning at church.  I had thought myself silly to put on my white quilted jacket, but changed my mind when I walked up to the steps and saw M., greeting at the door, and shivering and hugging her arms in her pink tee shirt top.

Only thirty people were at early service, thanks to the Rock and Roll Marathon, which takes away our parking and scares away the wary.  I forgot about it and came anyway, which was lucky as I got a close parking space by fate.  We were all placed up on the chancel near the altar, with the clergy huddled more or less in the middle. 

 Nobody knew what to do or where to go or how to proceed, but that practice of putting us up front on slow days is increasing so soon it will be down pat.

I got an interesting view of the church from where I was, straight down the aisle (and it was pitch dark out there, remember) leading to the huge rose-window at the back.  Our stained glass windows are remarkable, and with a black surround and lighted with a cold gray outside light, they are very striking.  Chartres blue is probably the leading color.  And rose windows are just beautiful.


So that was my religious experience today, other than a short chat with friends afterward on the virtues of the Paleo diet.  Oh, I wish I could just go on it and stick to it.  My heart attack has made me squeamish as to the ingesting of fatty meats..(though I really think LDL is the result of too much carbo.) See how wishy-washy I am? I think I will make it a prayer quest, to be able to try the Paleo and stick to it.  YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment