Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Really Simplest Guacamole

Good evening!

I read a website recently entitled, The Simplest Guacamole....it then proceeded to give a recipe that included everything but the kitchen sink, including mayonesa...a big no-no.

I also read about the Mexican peasant eating his midday lunch of a taco made of one tortilla and one small chile which he broke with his fingernail and smeared across the tortilla.  I thought at the time that it was a very spartan lunch, but I am beginning to think, "the simpler the better."

I myself have often eaten a lunch of one tortilla lightly charred on the stove burner, and here is the guacamole I ate on it: one half ripe avocado, mashed up a bit, and spread across the tortilla. I love salt so I add that. Now THAT is one simple guacamole, and very conventient too.

I also loved butter tacos in those long lost days before my ataque de corazon.  Toast tortilla as above, spread hot charred tortilla with a dab of cold butter, fold and eat, preferably over the sink. Repeat as required. Nowadays I hardly eat any butter at all. Do I miss it? Sometimes. But jam is a consolation.

You can see that I am a gourmet cook.  Ha!  But I am a gourmet eater for sure, and those simple items just described can't be beat for taste and satisfaction!!!  YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment