Friday, June 10, 2011

Back Here at Home

Good morning!!

All the way home as Theodore drove along, I played a game in my mind, entertaining myself with moving furniture about in my house.  It was kind of like one of those puzzles where you have labeled parts, and you have to put them in a certain order, within a framework, by moving them about and getting Part Z to Space A  and all the other parts in order in between. I never could do those puzzles very well, but I managed to do it this time by putting the dining table on the patio, and eliminating the computer entirely. Hmmm...actually I have been wanting to put the computer on the workbench in the garage, so it would be OK.  But Theodore, though he almost never goes to the bench to do things any more, is against that idea. Too hot in summer, too cold in winter, he says. Good, say I.  I wouldn't spend so much wasted time out there.

 Anyway, the dining table outside, then the computer table becomes a mini-dining table at the end of the kitchen.

The grand piano and the antique settee change places, putting the settee along the wall as one enters the living room, and the grand piano on the long wall on the entry area from the patio.(Nearly in the kitchen.)  There's an electrical outlet in the ceiling there and I could hang my chandelier over the grand piano, in the style of the once famous Liberace. Tacky but fabulous.

The new 42 or 45 inch digital TV will be hung over the fireplace. Tacky again, but done frequently by the biggest designers in House Beautiful.  There's no denying the American thirst for TV no matter what.

The wicker chair will cuddle up to the sofa for a viewing cluster, sofa being directly in front of the TV/fireplace.  The old handcarved Louis XVI armchairs will have to accomodate us by appearing as chairs for dining.

The turntable Drexel games table that we got at the Goodwill for $24.00 will take the place of the computer table.  The green wicker tables will move away from the living room entirely and go to the guest room as bedside tables.

The long parsons type table that's taking all that space in the little guest room will come out to go--somewhere.  We got that at the GW too and didnt pay much so it's a small loss if we give it back.

HOWEVER, Theodore has received referrals for tests regarding his impaired motor skills/thinking processes, and I am once again postponing action to defer to the expenses that may be prompted by the diagnosis that may be put upon him by Kaiser....It is frustrating to be postponing action, and it is very liberating to be doing things that one's planned for.  I must deal with my inaction. Hasta maƱana, my amigos. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment