Saturday, June 11, 2011

Saturday Sum-Up

Good day!

It's late. Went to Kaiser to pick up some medicine, went to the grocery, came home, finished up some chicken-corn-tortilla soup, and we ate.

The weather in our yard, as was appropriate to people used to traveling in TX-NM-AZ weather, was bright and sunny, and the sky was blue. The flowers were blooming and they do look better in sunlight.  Suddenly, however, perhaps on Monday, the sky got grey, the air got cold, and June Gloom set in with a thump.  We were cold in bed that night in spite of a puffer and a thin quilt, so I had to scurry around to find another warm comforter.  Ended up taking the one off the guest bed, as I remembered that in the optimism of early spring Theo had sprung up about a ten foot ladder to put a couple of comforters up in the garage. Now he is not to spring up any ladders, say I. And me--? Am I crazy? We're going to end up going to Ross Dress Por Mas when winter comes, I know.
And buy more comforters.

Sisters no's. 3 and 5 and their spouses are about to jump into the same car and ride all the way to Asheville NC  to visit no. 4 who has not been mentioned yet in this blog. I wish them well, and a safe and pleasant journey.

Tomorrow I go to church to be greeted with pleasant surprise by all those who hadn't quite noticed that I was gone.  I shall have tales to tell.  Hasta maƱana to all. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment