Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Kitty Blanco

Good evening! 

Today we had to go to the Witt Lincoln, formerly Witt Lincoln Mercury, because our car (as previously described) konked out thrice in the midst of LA freeway traffic on Sunday as we came home.

So that's why I could not blog today.

I'm writing to tell you that that white cat that hangs around here now has a name.  Naming animals is n't easy and you might as well wait till its name comes to you and it has named itself.  This cat's name is Kitty Blanco. 

Kitty Blanco is a charmless creature, large and without grace.  It is lots skinnier than it was earlier in the summer, and that is why I am making sure it is getting plenty of wholesome Chinese cat food.  I cannot say that I like him or dislike him.  Or that he is a him or a her, actually.  It's too skittish to let anyone get a good look.  However, I find  him amusing.  The day we came home I was sitting on the bed and looking toward the front hall I saw a white shape enter the front door and make its way into the heart of the living area.  I got up to see, and it was indeed Kitty Blanco, going through the house and out to the patio, making its supper upon the scraps from Freckles.  Freckles is a turn-up-your-nose sort of cat who eats just when and where he pleases.  Or not.  The presence of hungry Kitty Blanco is having an effect, however, and appetites are improving all over the place.

I'll end this piece by finding a picture of Kitty Blanco and putting it on this page. Perhaps I've done it before.  He's kind of cute.

Well, the functions of the little toolbar at the top of the blogging page are not working, so Kitty Blanco must, for the present, languish unknown to you all.  I will try to get one of my faraway sons to give me some advice about getting that mini toolbar to wake up. Hasta la vista, kitties.

No comments:

Post a Comment