Monday, July 18, 2011

Thanks, Benjamin, for the Bar of Soap

Good afternoon!

I am writing this blog to thank Ben for giving me a beautiful bar of soap. I keep forgetting to thank him in an email, so have decided to do it in my blog since I have to write something today anyway.  Ben brought it in as we were leaving and mentioned that it was an overlooked item from Christmas. A nice surprise.

The scent of the soap is Wine and Black Olive. WOW. What an unusual  combination (though, in Sonoma County, I daresay they had little else to choose from, LOL). I opened it right away when I got home because I was curious about what it could smell like.  It smells very very nice--I'd say, like dry vine twigs and olive leaves, to be specific.  A light elusive scent that I like very much. The color of the bar is cinnamon-stick brown, and that is nice too. You could give this bar of soap to a man without trepidation. I love men's scents anyway.  Maybe because I have too many y chromosomes--or is it x?  Or is it because it reminds me of a good-smelling guy? Whatever, I love the fragrance and the bar is sitting on my tub. Thank you, Benjamin.

We have been home for two weeks and I am ready to go again.  Why hang around?  I spoke to my grandson on the phone when he answered the other day. I thought I'd called the wrong number but he seemed to know who I was--oh, but his voice had changed to a deep resonant baritone.  Always before I had confused his voice with one of his big sisters. Now, no doubt about it--he is a man.  This fact has touched me deeply,and I want to see my grandkids.  I do. I do want to. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment