Saturday, July 16, 2011

Shopping Saturday

Good afternoon--but just barely!

I am late getting on today--though late is becoming the new normal--- because Theo said he wanted to go to Target, to Von's (Safeway,) and to Walmart, and I had lists for all those places too.  So off we went. First we went to Von's and got Safeway 2 tone cookies of the Oreo type...they are much better tasting than Nabisco's. Try them.

While we were  maundering through Von's we went by the meat section and I saw a lovely package of good-looking sea bass--two good-looking fillets--for 2.90! Marked down because of date, but the date was still far ahead. I grabbed them.

When we went to Walmart, I concentrated on the produce section, and got limes, chiles, tomatoes, onions, and a big red pepper..and tortillas.  Theo got food for the cats.  Which reminds me to tell you that I have not seen Kitty Blanko for days, though Theo has. I am  spelling Kitty Blanko's name that way because that is the way it is pronounced: to rhyme with Blanco, TX, not the color.  I don't aim to lead my readers astray, here.

Then we went to Target where I sat in the car and read the Women's World, the only bargain magazine in the USA, while Theo went into the store in pursuit of bargain diet soda pop.  Bad. But he loves it.
When we came home, I fried up my fish in butter, and doused it with limon mexicano and Heinz's cocktail sauce which is just yummy.  On the taste scale, the fish came out as--delicious, what else!!
I  am now going online to get tickets to Moon Over Buffalo, which is playing at our neighborhood little theater. It promises to be a riot. Friends Susan and Walter are coming too, and even Theo has consented to go. (He had a good time at The Last of the Red Hot Lovers, apparently.) It will be a far cry from Midnight in Paris, but I'll bet we laugh a lot more. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment