Friday, July 20, 2012

Agony in Aurora

Hi, I have little to say today.

I feel so sorry about the tragedy unfolded today in Aurora, CO, where a young gunman let loose a volley of death and destruction upon a theater full of hapless people, mostly young people probably, who were there to watch a movie.

I am horrified to hear that the youngest wounded person is a baby of three or four months.  Who would take a baby to a midnight showing of a loud, violent movie? The same persons who would, if they hadn't taken him, leave him home alone in his crib while they reveled in horrifics at the show.

Some young person today said that he saw a family with several young children cowering in the theater.  Why were they out there anyway?  Why would anyone take children to such a film, and in the middle of the night?

Yes, I know--I have gone off on a tangent of the plot as I often do.  But the whole scenario, and we haven't even gotten to the tragedy of the loco shooter, is just too typical of the nut-scape of today's America for me. 

I know that the young man is psychologically unhealthy.  Apparently he was going for a doctorate at a university but had been deflected from his purpose.  I guess we will hear how, if not why, these steps in the grim plot evolved, over the next few weeks.  And then we will forget about it and throw another few boxes of cheese balls to the kids and tell them to shut up and get in the car, we are going to the show.

Something is really wrong with our whole system when forty and fifty year old persons never live at a level over junior high school, in their minds, their aspirations, their ideals.  Grow up, America--but how are you going to do that, when nothing in your life has prepared you for what you have become?
YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment