Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Psychiatrist Enters the Pictire

Good evening. Here I am writing about the Aurora shooting again.

I have heard some news items about the psychiatrist of the person whom I call "the shooter."

She is a person of position in the faculty of the Medical School, and has the responsibility of treating 12-20 students in the Medical School who were in need of psychotropic medication.  What did students do, and how did they get through med school, before there were psychotropic medications to carry them along?

I'm sorry. I am a veteran /survivor of the psychiatric practice in the United States. I never have had to be treated, thank God, but my son did.  I know but too well how medications are routinely prescribed for these unhappy youths, and what the awful results can be.

I think the psychiatrist and the Medical School of the State of Colorado should have to give long and explicit explanations as to what went on with the young man who killed twelve and wounded many others, garbed in garish clothing and apparently in a state approaching zombie-ism, emotionless and cunning.  He spent quite a bit of time rigging up his apartment too, with explosive devices in order to harm the first responders who went in.  These processes, setting up the killings, and setting up his apartments, for death-dealing, can't have been accomplished in a short time.  What was his psychiatrist hearing?  What was she thinking?  How much did she perceive of his deep distress and the awful turnabout of his mind that put him on the path to horrible death?

We can't know yet.  Perhaps she will gain some insight into her oversight. I am sure she is crying and distressed deeply now.  It's terrible to have to stand in the aftermath of tragedy.

More of my thoughts about psychiatric medicating  as they come up. And perhaps then, I'll shut up and go back to tacos which is what I was going to write about yesterday. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment