Saturday, December 15, 2012

Good Cookies, Dead Santas, Diets, and Sad News


Good evening.  I'm told it's time to write a new posting, so will attempt to do so.

Already, I cannot put in the good cookie recipe because it's lost in a big stack that I don't want to go through right now.

So, on to the dead Santas.  I hate those inflatable Santa Clauses....!!  By night they may be prancing and pawing around the houses with their reindeer, but by day, when I am out and driving about in our town, those guys look as if they'd fallen where they are, dead drunk, and sleeping it off until nightfall. When, I assume, they'll rise again in glorious light and once more pretend to be okay. Whoever conceived that kind of stuff as an acceptable house decoration for Christmastime?  House after house, yard after yard full of deflated plastic lying asprawl all over the place.  I vote NO to dead Santas.

As to diet, I am losing some weight because I am trying to limit my fat intake to 3 grams per meal. That means if seven crackers gives me 3, I can eat one or two with impunity. And that's usually enough.  I never thought I ate that much fat, actually.  I have eschewed fried foods even at home, for years.  I ate salad dressings as I wished because they were made with good olive oil, but apparently even olive oil can be quite fattening--or at least, fattening enough to keep you at the high weight you started with. But really avoiding fats seems to make a difference if you get serious enough about it. Ah, Dr Atkins.  We had a good time while it lasted....

Of course, it was when I added carbs to Dr A's diet that the plaques formed in my veins. I have always had the theory that it is the mixture of fat and flour that thickened up the blood (i.e., cream gravy). The fat alone wouldn't do it. Good fat wouldn't....and I haven't used Crisco, etc. forever.

Now they say that coconut fat is the best, healthiest fat in the world...Yes, it probably is...but not for arteries already clogged up with residue.  Diet is important, folks.  So I am going to eschew fat (not chew it) until I get the good word from Above (Kaiser) that things have cleared up.

As for the sad news, you know what it is. I feel so for those parents and siblings who are having to deal with the absence of that bright little face around the table.  They are going to have to go into the closet and dresser and fold up and give away those little clothes, and go into desk drawers and clear things out--for what? they will ask.  Parents, cherish your children.  Vexing little creatures they can be, but you are the grown ups. Cherish your children, and cherish your spouse, who can be the most vexing of all.  He or she and the combination of the two of you is very important to your children. Some rifts do not heal; they fester and corrupt and ruin lives. Forgive your spouse and pray that he or she forgives you. Love each other. And may God have mercy on all of us. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment