Friday, August 5, 2011

Art Above All

Good morning!

Alexander is here! He is doing momentous things to the computer. I hope the improvements stick.

Kitty Blanko came in today. He has been eating here yesterday and today, and I am glad to see him. Today, observing him slinking through the house (where he was not invited) I came to the conclusion that probably he is a girl cat.  Just something in his style. 

That picture above is something I dashed off with the aid of a few kitchen vegetables as models. An art blog I'm receiving now recommends a picture a day, painting or drawing, to keep one's awareness at peak. So I am trying to do it...and write a poem a day too. But I have not gotten beyond the "trying" part on the poems: I keep thinking there are no poems there now. Silly me, I well know that as long as there is a pulse of life in a single cell, there is a poem there.  So I'll draw one out soon.

A sister wrote to me about blogging:

     I don't know about blogs, facebook and the
     such...I think people write blogs because no
     body in the house asks them how they feel,
     what are their wishes and dreams, what THEY
     want to fix for another's dinner. So my blog
     would be a giant whiny complaint.

And she expounds on that theme a bit.  I think she is right about loneliness or isolation as a motivator for blogging, or a desire to be heard out there in the ether. Am I here?  Does anybody hear me? But one can try to make of the blog a work of art, of limited scope that it is.

The red fruits above, an onion, two tomatoes, and a red bell pepper, are all so beautiful sitting on my kitchen table.  I just had to draw them.  Putting them onto this page has made me realize how sketchy they are, how coarse the strokes, how inaccurate the eye/hand coordination.  But there they are, up there above it all. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment