Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Gosh, Wednesday already!

Good morning...

Wednesday and no music. Patricia is off on a trip to Maine with her sons. That gal has travelin' feet. I used to think I had travelin' feet but I was nothing by comparison.

I have decided that I'm depressed.  I can't even choke up a haiku.

Well, usually what I have to do is ride it out. We cannot go anywhere to break the spell, due to the condition of Theodore, which is not too bad--but he doesn't want to have to be eating on the road. He has a doctor's appointment at the end of the month and is in "training". Ha.  He and I both eat worse at home than on the road.  My problem is eating from frustration or boredom, and I think that his is the same though he would not admit to either. 

             Late August

The air is still and grey
And seems to be waiting
For a message
From Watan-Tanka.
Why not?
He's speaking everywhere this year.
Tornadoes, earthquakes,
And the fearsome drought.
Or flood.  He takes his pick.
THE END.

 Above is a group of young swimmers from Oceanside, earlier this month, plunging into the Pacific behind a lone expert instructor who was already way out over the drop-off. If you could see how deep that trench is, out just beyond wading depth, (consult San Diego Museum of Natural History),  your hair would turn gray. Mine did. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment