Thursday, August 4, 2011

More Blogging Doubts

Good morning! 

Alexander comes today and we'll leave after 11 to go down to the "cell phone lot" provided by the airport, thence to lurk and await his call that he's arrived.

Yesterday, things didn't go as  I airily predicted as I closed off my blog. It was indeed music day, but I did not play piano nor anything else after cutting my finger while washing out the glass coffee pot.  Imagine, the pushing power of one of my fingers was strong enough to break through the glass and make a circular cut in the pad of my right middle finger! BLOOD! I have not seen so much blood in a long time.  I patched it up with a lot of paper towels whilst holding the finger up...blotted...got 2 band-aids and squinched it together, stuck them on and prayed.  It does not hurt if I do not strike it on things (as in keyboarding)..and it is amazing how often I do. Anyway, no piano.

Patricia lent me a CD of a ballad singer, Jack Brown, and mentioned that one of the songs, The Blog, was especially touching. I listened to it and its repeated line is, "so everyone can see my brilliant brain....".  I wonder, was she giving me a message of what she thinks of my blog? If so, is she right?  Others have also suggested that the blog is an ego trip of large magnitude...still others have suggested that the blog in general is obsolete and has been replaced by Facebook. If that is so, then is Facebook an ego trip of large magnitude?  As far as I can see, Facebook is a huge confusing bunch of gobbley-gook and hazy pictures...but I am techno-impaired for sure. (I am also on Facebook, of course, impaired or not.)

There are five more months of this year. I may rethink my blog to some extent. I'll still try to write every day but the slant of it may be different.  The soul of it can't be different however; the soul of it is me. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment