Monday, August 1, 2011

A kitty goes, another kitty comes

When we first lived in San Diego, our cat was named Flora. She was a beautiful black long-hair with copper eyes.  She was our cat when Alexander was about three and Gregory one.  Flora bore three kittens at one point, and Alexander was given the task of naming them. It was easy: Mickey, Kitty, and Fishy were their names and thus it was.  Mickey, Kitty and Fishy had six toes on their front feet and it made really amusing-looking feet I must say. Like flowers. I do not remember what became of Flora nor of the kittens. Guess they were all taken by friends.

Kitty Blanko, my latest acquisition, has been running askance of us lately. I was about to write a blog entitled, "Kitty Blanko is no more," when, just a couple of days ago, I saw him strolling through the yard and out over the back gate to the lower forty. I followed him out and saw him disappear into a rift in the ground far out at the point of the lot where his kissin' cousin Lily used to hang out.  There is a huge group of semi-wild cats around here and they do come and go as there must be attrition on a fairly large scale.

We found out last evening that our first son, Alexander, is coming to visit. He's coming alone and he'll be here for several days!! I am so delighted. We certainly need his presence for a while. He can confirm (or negate) my perception of how things are around here, and talk with us about needs and ideas.  I wanted him to come and bring everybody but this is certainly good in itself. We need somebody now and a fresh perspective will be welcomed.

Right now we are dealing with a (to me) horrendous medicating schedule which Theo claims to be incompetent to deal with.  Perhaps he is right. I'd feel better about dealing with it myself if I did not have the "summer flu," or whatever it is that's making me feel under the weather.  I have five days to get over it before Alexander arrives.YAZZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment