Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Return of Kitty Blanco

Good afternoon!

(Feeling cheerier)

Kitty Blanko has returned;  in fact, I guess he never even really left.  Alexander saw him several times when I didn't.  Apparently he's been turning up quite regularly (Blanko, not Alexander, alas) to get his scraps of leftover dinner from Freckles.   I must say that Kitty Blanko has made of Freckles a better eater.  Once upon a time Freckles'd turn up his nose at almost any meal that came his way, making Theo quite anxious (not me!).  But the first time Freckles incredulously watched as Kitty Blanko scarfed up what Freckles would not eat, his egotistic kitty-brain registered a new fact.  If I don't eat it, someone else might.  That phenomenon alone, much noted by mothers of little children, and made use of in the days when we still cooked meals and believed in nutrition, has changed Freckles in a way quite unbelieveable.  If he doesn't woof down everything set before him, he does go after it steadily bit by bit until he makes away with it as best he can.

I just looked out as I was opening windows--it is a quite muggy warm day here--and there was little Blanko reclining in the driveway under the shade of the mishmash of botany we have growing out there.  So I called him over after making him a plate of "salmon tuna medley".  I put it on the front porch on a Peter Rabbit plate, because I want to make him realize that he is loved.  I watched him eat it and I know he was hungry because his shoulder blades rose about three inches from tension, as he hunkered down to his task, chomp, chomp, chomp...it took him a long time to eat about 2 ounces as cats are such dainty eaters.  But he got the job done and is probably now back in the shade hoping for a second gastronomic epiphany.

I do not even know the gender of Kitty Blanko yet, as he keeps his tail modestly over his nether parts.  Ah well. Gender is the least of worries,to an eighty-two year old. Theo hopes he goes away before winter, as we keep Freckles in the garage on cold rainy nights and Theo blanches at the idea of cleaning two cat boxes every day. I note that, often, one is too much for him.

We were going to go to Walmart to compare prices on chocolate chips, crackers, and etc which we purchased at Ralphs earlier today at an exorbitant price, but Theo got ice somewhere else and we won't be going to Walmart today.  We are going to eat out tonight, be it even Subway's, because I am having my hair done at three p.m. and it will be hard enough to keep it nice for church as it is, without leaning over a hot steamy stove to make supper. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment