Thursday, August 18, 2011

Computer was down, now is up

Gracious.  This blog seems to be evolving in some negative kind of way.  I am not producing any poem a day. I could force myself to write it and say it is a poem and probably get as good a result as if I waited for the Muse to strike.  That is what I did on my Fairway Court series of poems.  Made myself write something about Fairway Court every day. Then I came to the realization that most of my poems were about death, so I stopped.  As an effort of self-analysis, it was an effective device.  As poetry, who knows. It's as good as a lot of stuff in the New Yorker. NOT.

Today my eldest grandchild goes off to college. She is being driven there, a half-hour's drive I guess, by her parents.  I have found her departure for school strangely moving, strangely because I do not live near her and will not be altered physically by her not being around the house.  But there she goes, a baby (she wouldn't like that) off on her own for the first time.  Fortunately, the U of Iowa keeps an eye on them. Kinda. Ostensibly.  They are not allowed to keep cars. That is good.  The girls were given a rape class and a whistle, I understand.  I guess that is good. It is realistic, according to the ideas of the day.

Anyway, cheers, Miranda!  God bless you. I'll be thinking of you every day.  I am also thinking of the household she'll be leaving.  There will be a shift in family interactions, no doubt.  Interesting. Who will become the diva? Who will "create"?  Hmmm.

On this page I hope to put a photo of my spice drawer plus some Rainier cherries that I laid in with them. Alex took the photo when he was here.  The thing that makes that photo, besides the brazen beauty of the cherries, is the colorful turkey seasoning spice box. Otherwise it would just look like the untidy space that it is.  Well, the picture is up. Click it, please. It looks all tiny and dull as is it--and it is gorgeous as my desktop. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment