Monday, October 15, 2012

Autumn Wardrobe

I've been looking at clothes lately.  At last, our season seems to be turning away from a very unusually hot summer toward a cool fall.  We'll have maybe one more warm spell after this one we're experiencing now, but by Nov. 1 it will be time to set the furnace to Automatic for the morning chill...and fall and winter will be here.

My mangy summer clothes are lying about in piles here and there. I'll put away the short shorts and the white linen pants and a couple of tops, maybe two, maybe not. Easy to replace next summer.  I'll put all the rest into a big bag and haul them off to the stand of the young man who represents Goodwill in this neighborhood, down at the corner of Telegraph and the Canyon shopping center. I'll haul them off quick, because if I don't I'll soon find reasons to hang onto them just to see if I need them....nope. Off they'll go.

So, today I went to the Ross Dress Por Mas and loaded up my cart with some fallish clothes. Here that means a dark grey lace tee shirt, a pale metallic gold tee shirt, a warm beige and grey 'fur' jacket made from a beast that never lived on land nor sea; a black ruffly top with sparkles, a turquoise colored sweater, a coral cotton tee with long sleeves, and 2 necklaces with faux turquoise stones...No skirt, alas. I wanted a skirt or two but they are hard to come by especially if you have hopes that they'll cover that portion of the anatomy called in the parlance of the day, "the butt."  How short can skirts be? Very short I can tell you.  I'll dig up my expensive dark gray wool jersey longish skirt to go with the black and gray stuff, and keep looking for another color to go with the gold/beige/brown stuff.
At Macy's I bought a vest of faux faux fur. That is, it's faux fur that isnt even supposed to really resemble fur..just fuzzy stuff. It is white and very pretty and makes me look like a snowball, I realized too late. But am keeping it; too tiring to go back to the M. and turn it in. And I got something else...oh yes, boots! Low low boots of strange tan stuff that looks like cow hide trimmed with white fleece...very cute.  Mutton dressed as lamb, I am I am.  That's me. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment