Friday, October 12, 2012

Water all around us.....

Good day, it's Friday.

I have just been out walking in warm water.  It does good things for your muscles, your balance, your equilibrium, and your strength. I did it for a couple of months before we went to Concord to visit Ben, but what with one thing and another I havent gone back until this week.

Walking in water is a strange experience.  You stand there in a pool walking slowly back and forth, forwards, backwards, sideways, and you think, "What am I doin' here? I am not really doing anything.  This is so simple that it doesn't seem like I am doing anything."  However, you get out after a half hour (if you're wise) or forty five minutes (if you're crazy) and you come face to face with reality.  Yes, you were doing something, and it was really tiring.  Wow.

This noon we had a new visitor to our back yard. California pleasures include animals of all sorts.  And here was today's visitor.  Dang it, I can't grab him and put him here from my files....

He's a red fox...skinny, gray and red patchy hair, sharp fox face...I love him.  He's never showed up before, but I have the feeling he lives very nearby.
Probably got rained out or good and damp in his earth nearby.  There are several holes down in the lower forty.  Maybe we'll have fox kittens someday. I'll need a new camera, though, and a better computer expertise to be able to manage the riches at my fingertips. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment