Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sunday Back from No-Church

Oh, how vexing.

Get up in the dark o'morn....it's raining! How exciting! And cold enough for a jacket.

So I don my rain cap (dark green with tiny blue and green sequins that look like rain!) my new non-faux fur jacket, my mid brownish gray pants, my mid navy-purple-gray tee, and my warm shoes and sox...and off I go to St Paul's....but even before I get there, the teeming hordes of people who are going to participate in one of the huge Walks in Balboa Park.  These walks are all to the good; but they take every available parking space for blocks around.  I finally stopped and yelled into the door to my friends Mary and Rick: "I'm going down to All Saints!"  And I was...but when I got close to All Saints, there was a group of police herding people off to the west from Sixth Avenue....and after a couple more discouraged go-rounds I just gave up and drove home.

Now I am in my weekaday clothes (which look just like the others but are from Kmart). I have kept on my shoes, as I am training my feet a la cave-man back to real shoes from slides.  Slides are a step up from flip flops, because they are beautiful, but they are still the same element on your feet: they do something strange to the muscles and maybe that's why I've been having so many foot problems the last few years. Anyway I am back into my everyday clothes, and Theo is still snoozing. I will make him wake up at nine o'clock just on the principle that people should get up in the morning if they can.
Especially diabetics.

I have a suggestion for St Paul's: If these interruptions are going to continue in the form of activities in the Park on a massive scale, why not offer a drive through Communion on these days? I got a program, but it would have been even better if they could have administered the Elements or at least a Holy Blessing.  Something for the priests or the Chapter to think about!! YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment