Monday, October 1, 2012

It's Michaelmas!!




Actually, Michaelmas is at the end of September, and we've just joined October. But I've been thick, and didn't have the what-for to write anything.

I read a fine horoscope called "Risa's Stars," which comes out in the little Chula Vista newspaper, thrown free every Saturday (if you're lucky.) Risa is a very perceptive and sensitive and intelligent person who has a website, www.nightlightnews.com.   Last Saturday she wrote a paean to St Michael.  He comes with a sword to destroy evil (note Satan under his foot, above) and bring in cooperation, peace, work, joy, and the harvest.  What more could we want? He is one of the very strongest saints in the Christian layout.  Like an earl, rather than a mere count, shall we say. He's St Michael and All Angels, for he leads the good angels.
     I am feeling better; that is, I am not in agony with an inflamed nerve in my lower back any more. I have been able to move around with some comfort since last Wednesday/Thursday.  Now there is not a hint of that little diablo in there, unless I get tired, at which time he sends out a little Distant Early Warning: Watch out, sister.  I am down for the moment but not out.
     Ibuprofen was my St Michael this time. It works amazingly well, and I thank the sister who reminded me of it.  Sometimes we forget the thing that works for us and the thing we most need.
     I must close now, for my computer is on the fritz and about to toss me off.  That's another big problem right now. Gotta work on these problems, but first I turn these over to St Michael for now. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment