Thursday, March 31, 2011

Oh boy, Point Loma Seafood!

Good morning!

This noon I am meeting my friend Maureen for lunch at Point Loma Seafood.  They have very good seafood lunches of the fish-and-chips variety. It's one of those establishments where you go in and, after studying the board, go up to the counter and give your order.  When you get your food you can take it outside to a table under an umbrella, or to a large airy room overlooking the water if the weather isn't so good. Today it promises to be hot out, so perhaps we'll eat outdoors.

My favorite food there is the fried oyster sandwich, rich and crispy and huge.  But today I'm having the shrimp cocktail if I can hold out for it.  That oyster sandwich is so tempting, but I do not really need all those calories.  In fact, my body will thank me if I stick to iced tea and a shrimp cocktail and a few crackers.

We'll probably be talking about the book club book, Divisadero, by Michael Ondaatje, for a while.  She has long finished it; I can't bring myself to finish it up. If I did , perhaps I could make some sense of it.  As of now, I "don't like it." (Not an acceptable book club comment!)  After we eat, we may run over to Ocean Beach to look at the antiques. I am on the trail of  a particular dealer whose shop I have lost track of.  Then I'll  try to get home before the afternoon traffic swamps the freeways to the south.

My baby sister sent me a very interesting site in response to yesterday's remarks about the chakras. It's www.eclecticenergies.com/chakras,  and it's worth a click.
There's a test to see how your chakras are doing at this moment.  Mine are pretty profoundly clogged up, which does not surprise me.  There are instructions on how to get them open again. We all know them; we just are not enough self-aware, or conscientious enough with our practice. YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment