Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday the Mysterious

Good afternoon! Late breakfast.

Well I got up and went off to church at the crack of dawn as usual...we are having the Lenten Study now and it is about The Atonement.  The whole concept, which appears to have as many centers as a hydra has heads, is a mystery to me.  I must say that I am much more at home with the Jewish idea of Atonement, and if they were honest I am sure most of the folks sitting around me would be in accord.  That is because the Jewish idea of Atonement is logical.  And the Christian idea is--mystical? Magical? I can't say what that last word could be yet, because I have not yet heard what the two teachers are saying yet.

Yesterday afternoon I spent at cleaning out some of my writing.  I took it to a stationery store and punched 3 holes in a bunch of it to put into a notebook.  Great bales of incidental writing, such as schoolwork and email correspondence have gone into the shredder.  And I have boxes and boxes more to go. Shall resume later on.

It takes a long time to go into one's writing because one finds kself reading it, fascinated.  Could I really have had the brains to write all that stuff?  I just love a lot of it, which, I guess, means that it is pretty bad.

I finally finished up the box of Thrifty Rocky Road Ice Cream which I errantly bought and divided up into many little 1/2 cup portions.  Trouble is,  one of those little portions is never enough, and it is too convenient to bring out a bunch at once and polish them off.  Thank goodness, I have eaten the whole RR bunch, which are especially tempting because here you get a nut, there, a marshmallow, and the choclolate ice cream in between is especially delicious.

I find myself pining for Mexico, a sinecure for retirement for less than wealthy Americans for many years.  We cannot now go there for fear of having our throats cut, it seems...and yet, and yet....Given the choice, would you rather have your throat slit in Mexico or die lying in your own pp and bed sores in an American nursing home, goggly on pharmaceuticals and psychotropics?....I have been scorning Brownsville, TX, as a refuge  for the elderly, as it is so--what can I say? So near the border, that's it!!!   But, if there is any of old gracious Mexico left , I think it may be found in a patio here, a garden there, a cafe here,  a sunporch there, in a Texas border city...Hey--I may have hit on something.  Go there to live, and if they capture you (your nearest and dearest) and are going to put you into a nursing home on the American side, run quick to el bos, cross the river, get lost in Matamoros or >>>>? city, and await el cuchillo.  Whew! Decision solved!!! YAZZYBEL

No comments:

Post a Comment